The flagship event of the GIVEN Institute is the Catholic Young Women’s Leadership Forum. This annual event brings together young adult women from across the country for a five-day forum, followed by a year-long program of mentorship and the implementation of a new initiative that benefits others (“Action Plan“).
It is designed for young adult Catholic women seeking leadership training, faith formation, and support to better understand and pursue their particular mission and/or vocation. Applicants are expected to be intentionally engaged with their Catholic faith but will come with different experiences and from diverse backgrounds.
This track is designed for young women who have a heart for mission and an inspired idea for a new program or apostolate. They will be guided by established women leaders who will help them solidify their vision and develop a strategic plan to help bring it to life.
This track is for young adult women who have spent one-three years in long-term service or missionary work and who are looking for guidance in finding their next step. They will be paired with mentors who can help them identify their gifts and skills as well as opportunities for their future.
Catholic Professional Track
This track is for women who are working within Catholic organizations (ex: diocesan employees, youth/young adult/campus ministers, educators, non-profit employees) who would like to develop as a leader in their ministry. They will be mentored by leading Catholic women in a variety of ministries within the Church.
Secular Professional Track
This track is for Catholic women working in a secular profession or in the public square who are looking for help integrating their faith and professional life. This track will connect them to Catholic women who work in a diversity of professional fields and in leadership/executive positions.
General Discernment Track
This track is for women who have a heart for mission and an aptitude for leadership and who are open to where the Holy Spirit might be leading them. The track is geared toward helping participants discern, take steps toward, or deepen a particular vocation, state of life, or profession.
No matter the track, every participant will:
- Hear keynote addresses and panel discussions from lay and religious women Catholic leaders on topics relevant to the contemporary, Catholic woman
- Engage in exercises to identify her particular gifts, strengths, and aptitudes
- Engage in peer and professional networking
- Receive spiritual accompaniment from religious sisters
- Receive support and guidance to execute a one-year, post-forum Action Plan
- Deepen her understanding of the Church’s teaching on the dignity of women, the vocation to marriage and motherhood, and the lived, spiritual maternity of religious sisters
- Have time for prayer, reflection, and renewal. Mass, confession, adoration, and spiritual direction will be available throughout the Forum.