Catholic Young Women’s Leadership Forum
The flagship event of the GIVEN Institute is the Catholic Young Women’s Leadership Forum (“Given Forum”). The biennial event brings together more than one hundred young adult women from across the country for a four-day forum.
It is designed for young adult Catholic women seeking leadership training, faith formation, and practical support to better understand and pursue their particular mission and/or vocation.
Applicants are expected to be intentionally engaged with their Catholic faith but will come with different experiences and from diverse backgrounds.
Participants can expect to:
- Hear keynote addresses, attend panel discussions, and choose from a variety of breakout sessions led by some of the leading women in the Church;
- Engage professional and peer networking;
- Receive spiritual accompaniment from religious sisters;
- Have opportunities for Mass, confession, and adoration;
- Receive support and guidance to execute a one-year, post-forum Action Plan;
- Opt into ongoing mentorship from members of the GIVEN network;
- Have time for prayer, reflection, and renewal in their love of God, love of self, and love of neighbor.
What We Do: The “Art of Accompaniment” Mentoring Program
The GIVEN Institute is developing a signature mentoring program for alumnae of the Forum. Participants will apply and be matched with a mentor based on selected criteria.
Mentors and mentees will select the type of program that fits their availability and interests. Possible tracks include one-on-one mentoring or topic-specific support, both of which can be conducted in person or through digital platforms.
GIVEN will develop training for mentors, match mentors with mentees, and provide resources (reading, videos, suggested material and any necessary digital platforms) to facilitate connection.